- 2 cups dashi
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon julienned galangal or ginger
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- 1 habanero pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 pound US farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14 ounces coconut milk
Bring the dashi to a simmer in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the lemongrass, galangal, cilantro, habanero, fish sauce and lime juice and bring the liquid to a simmer. Add the catfish and the coconut milk and cook until the fish is just cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.