- 1 pound large green olives with pits, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
Cover the olives in cool water; soak for at least 5 minutes or up to 5 hours.
In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart container, combine all the remaining ingredients. Add the olives and stir or shake to combine. Make sure the olives are submerged in the marinade. Let sit in a cool, dry place for 1 day. Refrigerate for 1 or 2 days before serving.
Photograph by Lara Robby