- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup thick steak sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 8 (1/2-inch) eggplant slices, purged with salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
In a small bowl whisk together the Worcestershire, steak sauce, olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Pat your eggplant dry with paper towels. With a pastry brush apply the sauce to both sides of the eggplant. Place eggplant rounds onto a sheet tray fitted with a rack. Place the tray under the broiler for until eggplant is nicely browned, approximately 2 minutes. Turn slices over and place back under broiler to brown the other side. Generously sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan over all of the slices. Place back under the broiler for 1 minute to nicely brown the cheese. Serve plain or sprinkle with freshly chopped herbs.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown