- 1/2 English cucumber
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, leaves cut into chiffonade
- 1 small bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Grate the cucumber and place it in a fine strainer over a bowl. Salt the cucumber and allow it to drain until most of the juices come out, approximately 10 minutes. Squeeze out the last bit of juices and transfer to paper towels to pat dry.
In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, white wine vinegar, garlic, mint and dill. Refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld, at least 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell