1. Goat Cheese Trio: Cut a 12-ounce log of goat cheese crosswise into 3 mini logs. Roll 1 piece in chopped mixed herbs, another in cracked mixed peppercorns and the last in chopped dried cranberries and cashews. Serve with baguette slices or crackers.
2. Cannellini Bruschetta: Combine 1 drained can cannellini beans, 1 cup chopped drained giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables) plus a splash of brine from the jar, 1/4 cup diced provolone and 2 tablespoons each chopped parsley and olive oil. Serve on toasted Italian bread.
3. Spiced Olives: Heat 1/3 cup olive oil with 1 strip each lemon zest and orange zest, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1 smashed garlic clove. Stir in 1 cup mixed olives and a few thyme sprigs.
4. Radish-Anchovy Canapes: Finely chop 1 to 2 rinsed anchovies, 2 tablespoons parsley and 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest; mix with 1 stick softened butter. Spread on pumpernickel cocktail bread and top with thinly sliced radishes and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Blue Cheese–Pecan Spread: Mix 1/2 cup soft blue cheese with 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans. Spread on celery sticks or crackers and drizzle with honey.
6. Kale-Artichoke Dip: Thaw 1 1/2 cups frozen kale and 1/2 cup frozen artichoke hearts; squeeze dry, then roughly chop. Combine with 4 ounces softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup each shredded Swiss cheese and milk, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, 1 minced small garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a dash each of cayenne and Worcestershire sauce in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave 5 minutes, then stir. Serve with pita chips or crackers.
7. Indian Yogurt Dip: Mix 1 cup Greek yogurt with 2 tablespoons each chopped cilantro and tomato, 1 tablespoon minced shallot, 1/2 teaspoon each grated ginger and garlic, and salt to taste. Serve with crackers or pita chips.
8. Cucumber-Caviar Rounds: Spoon dollops of crème fraîche onto cucumber rounds. Top each with a small spoonful of salmon or trout caviar.
9. Pomegranate Guacamole: Cook 3 tablespoons pepitas (hulled green pumpkin seeds) in 1 tablespoon olive oil until toasted; season with salt. Mash 2 avocados with 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, the juice of 1/2 lime, 1 finely chopped jalapeno and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Top with pomegranate seeds and the toasted pepitas. Serve with tortilla chips.
10. Fried Ravioli: Fry uncooked small cheese or meat ravioli in 365 degrees F vegetable oil until golden, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt and grated Parmesan. Serve with warm marinara sauce.