- 1/2 bottle your favorite zinfandel wine (recommended: Ravenswood Zinfandel)
- 1 cup sparkling apple cider
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup dark corn syrup (recommended: Karo Syrup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer uncovered until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Use the mop to baste baby back ribs during grilling.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.