- 5 quarts water
- 1/2 cup sea salt, plus a pinch
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 6 dried arbol chiles
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons seasoning sauce (recommended: Maggi)
- 6 to 8 whole beets (depending on size)
- Olive oil
- Green Goddess Dressing, recipe follows
- Sliced red onions, for serving
- 16 to 18 slider buns, toasted
- Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon, stemmed, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, stemmed, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
In a large stock pot, combine and the water, 1/2 cup sea salt, dill, chiles, coriander, caraway, carrots, celery, onions, seasoning sauce, and beets and bring to a boil. Boil on medium heat for about 1 hour.
Remove the beets and let cool, discarding the liquid. Once cooled, remove the skin from the beets with a vegetable peeler. (Remember to wear gloves, as the beets will stain your hands as well as other surfaces.) Cut the beets into 1/4 to 3/8-inch slices. Place the beet slices, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt into a skillet over high heat and saute until glossy and tender, about 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
Remove the beets from the skillet and serve with shaved red onion and Green Goddess Dressing on a toasted slider bun.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.Green Goddess Dressing:
Combine the herbs, green onions, buttermilk, lemon juice, and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Let macerate for 10 minutes. Add the sour cream and mayonnaise, and blend with an immersion blender until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.