Berry 'Nana Oatmeal Parfait
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (recommended: Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze)
- 1 no-calorie sweetener packet
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt with about 100 calories per 6-ounce serving
- 1/2 banana, sliced
Combine all ingredients for oatmeal in a small nonstick pot on the stove. Add 3/4 cup of water and mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 9 minutes, stirring often, until somewhat thick and creamy. (It will thicken more upon chilling.) Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 1/2 hours.
Stir oatmeal thoroughly until uniform in texture. Spoon half of the oatmeal into a pint glass, and top with 1/4 cup of sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup of yogurt, and half of the banana slices. Repeat with the remaining oatmeal, strawberries, yogurt, and banana.
Serve and enjoy!
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 285 calories, 4.5g fat, 359mg sodium, 54g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 21.5g sugars, 9g protein