- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablepsoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup spinach or arugula leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a blender, combine the poblanos, onion, and lime juice and blend until smooth. While the blender is running add the oil slowly until emulsified. Add the spinach and blend until smooth. Add the honey and season to taste with salt and pepper. May be refrigerated up to 1 day ahead. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- SWEET ONION-CORN RELISH
- 6 ears of corn, roasted and kernels removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large Vidalia onions, medium dice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade
Place kernels in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Saute until soft and caramelized. Add the onions to the corn, fold in the creme fraiche and basil leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until needed.
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces of blue corn tortilla chips
- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
Season the eggs and flour with salt and pepper. Place the tortilla chips in food processor and pulse until the chips are finely ground. Place the eggs, flour, and ground tortillas in 3 separate bowls. Season the snapper fillets lightly on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil, in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Dredge each fillet in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip into the beaten egg and let the excess drip off. Dredge in the ground tortillas and saute for 3 minutes on each side. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve immediately with a side of Sweet Onion-Corn Relish.