Apricot Glazed Lamb Chops with Pistachio and Sumac
- 3/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley, plus whole leaves for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Eight 4 to 5-ounce lamb porterhouse chops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup shelled, lightly toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
Preheat a charcoal grill to high heat using the direct heat method.
Whisk together the jam, vinegar, mint, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Brush the chops with oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the chops on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, about 3 minutes. Flip over, brush with glaze and continue cooking until cooked to medium-rare doneness, about 3 minutes longer, brushing with more of the glaze.
Remove to a platter and sprinkle with the pistachios, sumac and parsley leaves.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay