- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup blue cornmeal
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 to 3 bananas, peeled and sliced
- Orange-Honey Butter, recipe follows
- Cinnamon Maple Syrup, recipe follows
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
Preheat a nonstick griddle. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
Mix together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat the eggs and 1 1/2 cups of the milk in a medium bowl until combined, then stir in the melted butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries. If the batter seems too thick, add some of the remaining milk.
Ladle approximately 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until the bottom is light golden brown, flip, and continue cooking for about 30 seconds. Remove to an ovenproof plate and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve. Serve 3 pancakes per person with a dollop of orange-honey butter, cinnamon maple syrup, and bananas. Garnish with blueberries dust with confectioners' sugar.
- 3 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 sticks butter, slightly softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch salt
Place orange juice in a small non-reactive saucepan over high heat and reduce to 3 tablespoons. Place butter in a bowl and add the orange syrup, honey, and salt; mix until combined. Scoop into a large ramekin, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Cinnamon Maple Syrup:
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 2 to 3 cinnamon sticks
Heat syrup and cinnamon sticks over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove and let steep for 1 hour. Remove sticks and pour into a small pitcher.