- 1/2 cup lightly toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 1/2 cups white grapes
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 slices country white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons verjus
- 2 to 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Toasted slivered almonds, for garnish, optional
- Champagne grapes, optional
Place almonds, pine nuts, garlic, grapes, grape juice, water, and bread in a blender and puree until smooth. Strain the mixture into a bowl. Chill the soup for at least 30 minutes.
Remove soup from refrigerator and fold the whipped heavy cream into the soup. Finish with a few tablespoons each of the verjus and walnut oil. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish each with chives, almonds and grapes, if desired.