Curry Crusted Leg of Lamb with Pomegranate Raita
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves, optional
- 6 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons ground fennel
- 4 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground chile de arbol
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 boneless (5 to 7-pound) leg of lamb, butterflied
- Canola oil, as needed
- Kosher salt
Raita: Combine the yogurt, pomegranate molasses, cucumber, cumin and black pepper in a bowl. Season with salt, then cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Add the chopped mint just before serving, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Heat a grill to medium heat.
Combine the spices in a small bowl. Stir in enough oil to make a paste and set aside. Brush the lamb leg with some canola oil and season top side of the meat with the curry rub. Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Season the lamb with salt, to taste. Put it on the grill, spice side down, and cook until slightly charred and a crust as formed. At this point, flip the leg over, close the grill cover and cook to a medium-rare doneness. Remove the meat from the grill to a cutting board, loosely tent it with foil and let it rest for 15 minutes. Thinly slice the lamb, against the grain, and arrange the meat on a serving platter. Serve with the raita.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Crawfish and Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg of Lamb with Rosemary Jus, Roasted Leg of Lamb with Smashed Fingerlings and Zinfandel Gravy, Coriander Crusted Lamb Chops with Sour Cherry Reduction and Pan Sauteed Purple Artichokes, Lamb, Beef Tenderloin Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Lamb Stew Recipes, Main Dish, Beef Wellington Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.