Feta Cheese and Green Onion Dip with Olive Oil and Lemon with Grilled Pita
- 12 green onions, green part only, grilled and chopped, plus additional thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for grilling pitas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 pocketless pitas
Place grilled green onions, oil, lemon juice, and zest in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the feta and garlic and process until combined and smooth. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and garnish with the additional sliced green onions.
Heat grill to high. Brush the pitas with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for 1 minute per side or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the grill and cut each pita into eighths. Serve with the feta dip.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray