Feta Cheese and Green Onion Dip with Olive Oil and Lemon with Grilled Pita
- 12 green onions, green part only, grilled and chopped, plus additional thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for grilling pitas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 pocketless pitas
Place grilled green onions, oil, lemon juice, and zest in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the feta and garlic and process until combined and smooth. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and garnish with the additional sliced green onions.
Heat grill to high. Brush the pitas with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for 1 minute per side or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the grill and cut each pita into eighths. Serve with the feta dip.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay