Fire Roasted Artichokes with Herb Aioli
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil or cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 2 jumbo or extra-large artichokes, steamed and cut in half with the choke removed
- Herb Aioli:
- 1/3 cup stale bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- White pepper
- Hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or cilantro
- Caviar, for garnish
Mix the garlic, shallot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil or cilantro, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Place the steamed artichokes in the mixture and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
To make the aioli: combine bread crumbs, white wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and egg yolks in a food processor. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil to make an emulsion. Add white pepper and hot sauce, to taste. Add fresh basil or cilantro and pulse to combine.
Preheat a grill.
Remove the artichokes from the marinade and place on char-broiler or barbecue fire with the leaves of the artichoke up. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes depending on fire temperature. Remove from fire and garnish with herb aioli and caviar of choice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.