- 8 (1/2-inch) thick slices of country bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil mixed with 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, finely grated
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
Preheat grill. Brush each slice of bread with the garlic oil. Grill, oil-side-down until lightly golden brown. Turn each slice over and top with 2 tablespoons of Monterey Jack, 1-ounce of goat cheese, black pepper and oregano. Grill until cheese just begins to melt.