Grilled New Potatoes and Zucchini with Radicchio, Goat Cheese and Aged Sherry Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds small red new potatoes, parboiled until soft
- 2 medium zucchini, scrubbed
- Canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head radicchio, quartered
- 1/2 cup aged sherry wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Chopped chives
Heat the grill to high. Slice the potatoes in half and zucchini into 1/4-inch thick slices; brush both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill the potatoes and zucchini until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Brush radicchio with oil, put on the grill and cook until lightly charred. While the potatoes, zucchini and radicchio are grilling, whisk together the vinegar, shallot, mustard and honey in a medium bowl until combined. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Put the potatoes, zucchini and radicchio in a bowl and gently toss with 1 cup of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the potato mixture to a platter and top with the goat cheese. Drizzle with more of the dressing and sprinkle with chopped chives.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay