Grilled Shrimp with Asian Style "Cocktail" Sauce
- GRILLING10_COURSE_APPETIZERSCocktail Sauce:
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 radishes, very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 Thai bird chile or 1 serrano chile, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large (21 to 24) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Whisk together the ketchup, lime juice, soy sauce, shallot, radish, ginger, chile, sugar and cilantro in a medium bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Can be made 8 hours in advance and refrigerated, do not add the cilantro until ready to serve.
Heat the grill to high.
Toss the shrimp with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place onto skewers and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side until lightly golden brown and just cooked through. Serve sauce in a bowl, surrounded by the shrimp.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller