- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 whole squid, skinned and cleaned
- 2 medium Vidalia onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 pound arugula
- 1/2 pound frisee
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 mint leaves, cut into chiffonade
Brush tomatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until just soft.
Brush squid and onions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill squid for 3 minutes on each side. Grill onions on both sides until tender. Toss greens with olive oil and lemon and season with salt and pepper. Arrange greens on a platter and top with squid and onions, tomato and mint.