Grilled Warm Potato Salad with Roasted Garlic and Black Olive Dressing
- 8 cloves garlic, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted and coarsely chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 1/2 pounds red new potatoes, par-cooked and sliced in 1/2 or into rounds
- Canola oil
- Parsley sprig, for garnish
Whisk the garlic, vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a bowl until smooth. While whisking, add the oil until the mixture has emulsified. Pour into a large serving bowl and stir in the olives and parsley.
Heat the grill to high. Brush both sides of the potatoes with canola oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Coarsely chop the potatoes and add them to the dressing. Toss to coat and serve.