- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups each pitted picholine and cerignola olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped piquillo peppers
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 muffaletta or small round Italian loaf
- 2 ounces each thinly sliced Genoa salami, hot soppresata, Salchicon de vic or other dry salami, and serrano ham
- 2 ounces thinly sliced aged Manchego cheese
Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and honey in a large bowl. Add the onion, olives, peppers, parsley and oregano; toss, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Slice the bread in half and pull some of interior from the top half. Spread some of the olive salad on each half. You will probably have some salad left; it holds well in the refrigerator.
Layer the meat and cheese on the bottom half, alternating layers of each meat with thin layers of cheese. Cover with the top half, press gently, slice, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.