San Diego-style Blue Corn Salmon Tacos with Orange-Habanero Hot Sauce
- 3 cold-smoked salmon fillets, 8 ounces each
- Canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup best-quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper puree
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 fried blue corn taco shells
- Orange-Habanero Sauce, recipe follows
- Orange-Habanero Hot Sauce:
- 6 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 habanero chile
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preheat grill or grill pan over high heat.
Combine the mayonnaise, chipotle and lime juice in a small bowl and season with salt. Add the mayonnaise and the cilantro to the salmon mixture and gently fold to combine. Season with salt to taste, if needed. Divide the salmon mixture among the taco shells and drizzle each with the Orange-Habanero Sauce.Orange-Habanero Hot Sauce:
Place juice and habanero in a medium nonreactive saucepan and cook over high heat until reduced to 1 cup, stirring occasionally. Remove the habanero, whisk in the honey and season with salt. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mini Open-Faced Corn Cake and Salmon Salad Sandwich with Beluga Caviar, Epicurean Cowboy Spice Rubbed, Cedar Planked, Salmon Tacos, Blue Corn Chip Nachos with Pepper Jack Cheese, Baked Ham Recipes, Easy Lunch, Easy Casserole, Antipasti Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.