Sixteen Spice Smoked Chicken
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pasilla chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon chili de arbol powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (3 to 4-pound) chicken
- 1 cup applewood or hickory wood chips, soaked in water for 10 minutes
Combine all spices in a bowl. Rub the entire chicken with the spice rub, including the cavity, and set aside while you prepare the grill.
Set up a charcoal grill for indirect grilling. Throw the soaked wood chips on the hot coals. Place the cover on the grill and adjust the vents holes on the top and bottom to obtain the desired temperature (in this case it should be about 350 degrees F).
Place the chicken on the rack of the grill opposite the coals and smoke until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, using an instant-read thermometer, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Remove from the grill, tent loosely with foil, and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Sixteen Spice Smoked Chicken, Smoked Jerk Chicken Wings With Spicy Honey-Tamarind Glaze, Smoked Ginger Chicken with Cardamom, Cloves and Cinnamon, Barbecue Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Soup Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.