Spanish Spice Rubbed Rib-Eye with Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce
For the sherry vinegar steak sauce:
- 2 grilled red bell peppers, peeled, seeded and chopped or 4 piquillo peppers, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the Spanish spice rub:
- 3 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, ground
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- For the rib-eye:
- 4 (12-ounce) boneless rib-eye or NY Strip or filet mignon
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the sherry vinegar steak sauce:
DirectionsFor the sherry vinegar steak sauce:
Place the peppers, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, honey, molasses, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, watching for steak sauce consistency. Can be made 1 day in advance and refrigerated.For the Spanish spice rub:
Whisk together the paprika, ancho chili powder, mustard, fennel, salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined.
Twenty minutes before grilling, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let sit, covered at room temperature.
Preheat grill to high.
Brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season liberally with salt and black pepper. Rub 1 side of each steak with 1 tablespoon of the rub. Place the steaks on the grill, rub-side down and let cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the steak over and continue grilling 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare doneness (internal temperature 135 degrees F), medium doneness (140 degrees F), medium-well doneness (150 degrees F). Remove the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce on the side.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spice Double Rubbed Rib Eye Steak Served with Ruedas de Fuego, Jerk Rubbed Rib-Eye with Green Papaya Relish, Grilled Spice-Rubbed Shrimp "Nicoise" Salad, Beef Bourguignon Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Leg of Lamb Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.