- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- Fresh snipped chives, optional garnish
- Minced parsley, optional garnish
- Hard boiled eggs, optional garnish
Scrub potatoes and cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and, while hot, skin and cut into 1/4-inch slices. You should have about 4 cups. Set aside.
Drain off all but one tablespoon of bacon fat; add flour, sugar, salt and pepper to skillet stir until slightly browned. Add vinegar and water and cook until mixture is slightly thickened. Add back the bacon, onion, and celery.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.