Brushy Mountain Caviar
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1/2 cup green peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups Italian salad dressing
Combine the peas, beans, corn, and pimentos in a colander and drain. Transfer to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the green peppers, onions, garlic salt, and dressing. Stir to incorporate the ingredients, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Drain the vegetable caviar before serving it as a side dish to your favorite barbecued meat.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Brushy Mountain Smokehouse and Creamery