- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 20 saltine crackers
- 4 cups kettle cooked potato chips
- 1 can chopped pork and ham product (recommended: Spam)
- Handful sliced pickles
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- All-purpose flour for hands
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Batter: Combine all of the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
Filling: Cut the canned meat into chunks and put it into a food processor with the pickle slices. Pulse until the mixture becomes chunky. Do not overmix.
Roll pieces of the cream cheese into 1 1/2-ounce balls with floured hands to avoid sticking. Fatten each ball with the palm of your hand. Portion out the meat mixture to match the amount of cheese balls. Put a portion of the meat into the middle of a cheese ball and fold the cheese over the meat to enclose. Once you have a ball formed, dip it in the batter and then roll it in the cracker mixture. Repeat with the remaining cheese balls and meat.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.