Cap'n Crunch Chicken Fingers and Red Chile Bacon Caramel Dipping Sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 strips
- 2 cups corn starch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 2 cups ground sweetened corn breakfast cereal, such as Cap'n Crunch
- 2/3 cups ground panko
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons diced cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon red chile flakes
- Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
To make the batter, mix the corn starch, flour and baking powder, and then add 2 cups cold water.
To make the breading, combine the breakfast cereal and panko, and mix together in a mixing bowl.
Dissolve the sugar in 3 cups water on the stovetop, in pot set over low heat. Once dissolved, increase the heat to medium and cook until the mixture turns amber brown, 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the heavy cream, bacon, Sriracha and chile flakes.
Preheat the oil to 350 degrees F.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Queen's Comfort