- 1 pound cubed beef blade meat
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1-ounce whole cumin seeds
- 1/2-ounce freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart water, plus 1-ounce
- 1/2 cup blonde roux, made from 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup fat
In a large saute pan over medium heat add the cubed meat and cook until browned. Add the chopped bell pepper, onion, tomato, garlic, cumin, black pepper and 1-ounce water and stir to combine. Add 1 quart water and bring everything to a boil. Turn the heat down and add the roux. Cook the mixture until it thickens and season with salt, to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.