- 16 medium diver scallops, cleaned
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for searing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups field greens
In a medium bowl, marinate the scallops with olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Let them marinate for 20 minutes.
Heat enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the scallops. Cook quickly in each side until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and place 4 scallops around a mound of greens. Repeat.