Shrimp Salad: Garidosalata
- Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 teaspoon crushed chile flakes
- 2 pounds shrimp (21/25 count), peeled and deveined
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ounce capers
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 ounce olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add garlic cloves, lemon halves, and chile. Add in shrimp and simmer until pink, about 5 minutes. Remove and rinse under cold water.
In a large bowl, toss shrimp, scallions, red onion, capers, celery, and tomatoes together.
In a small bowl, whisk together oregano, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and vinegar. Pour over the salad and toss once more to incorporate. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.