Chesapeake Bay "Crabby" Mac
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot (or 2 small) minced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- 2 cups grated manchego cheese
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons sherry, optional
- 1 (16-ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
For the sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add minced shallots and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the flour to make a roux. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes to cook the flour. Slowly, add 3 cups milk. When milk is incorporated into the roux, add the seafood seasoning, and the block of cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese is melted. Add shredded manchego and Cheddar cheeses and parsley. Cook until all the cheese is melted. Add the sherry, if desired.
Cook macaroni according to package directions or until just al dente. Drain macaroni. Stir cheese mixture into cooked macaroni and old in crabmeat. (Be sure to fold in crabmeat so you don't break up the lumps too much, you want nice chunks of crab.) Put mixture in a baking dish.For the topping:
Thank you! your flag was submitted.