Chicken with Roasted Peppers
c.1997, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger, all rights reserved
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 40 min
- 1 hr
- 40 min
- 4 to 6 servings
- 6 whole chicken legs with thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
Preheat grill or broiler. Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper, and lightly brush with olive oil. Grill or broil, skinside down first, about 10 minutes per side.
Melt butter in a medium skillet over moderate heat. Cook onions with salt and pepper until soft and clear. Add garlic and paprika, and cook an additional minute, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes.
Place chicken over individual beds of bulgur wheat, rice or pasta. Ladle on sauce and serve.