Chicken with Tomato and Feta Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup chopped brine-cured black olives (such as Kalamata)
In a heavy large skillet set over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add shallots and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Season chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper. Add chicken, skin side down, to skillet and cook for 5 minutes, or until skin is browned. Turn chicken over, add tomatoes, including juice and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until chicken is just cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Transfer chicken to serving plate. Boil sauce over high heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add cheese and olives and simmer, stirring, until heated through. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Wine Suggestions: A rose from the Languedoc Valley in Southern France, most recent vintage available or Boutari Red Noussa Reserve, Greece, most recent vintage available
Recipe courtesy Sara Moulton
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri