Chicken with Tomato and Feta Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup chopped brine-cured black olives (such as Kalamata)
In a heavy large skillet set over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add shallots and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Season chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper. Add chicken, skin side down, to skillet and cook for 5 minutes, or until skin is browned. Turn chicken over, add tomatoes, including juice and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until chicken is just cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Transfer chicken to serving plate. Boil sauce over high heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add cheese and olives and simmer, stirring, until heated through. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Wine Suggestions: A rose from the Languedoc Valley in Southern France, most recent vintage available or Boutari Red Noussa Reserve, Greece, most recent vintage available
Recipe courtesy of Sara Moulton