- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville Ground Mild, Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped onion
1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is cooked and browned; drain.
2. Stir in onion, celery and garlic.
3. Cook and stir until tender.
4. Add tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes.
5. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Serve with cheese, sour cream and onion.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.