- 1/4 pound country bread, cut into roughly 1-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons basil infused olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 pounds assorted mixed baby heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, if necessary
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with 2 tablespoons of the basil olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, then toss the bread cubes and bake until golden, another 3 to 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, over low heat add the balsamic and simmer until reduced by half.