- 1 1/2 cup instant couscous
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 ounces dried apricots, about 12, finely diced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
Put the couscous in a large mixing bowl. Put the chicken stock and apricots in a saucepan, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour the boiling liquid over the couscous, and shake the bowl to moisten every grain. Sprinkle the olives and scallions over the top and cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand 10 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
To serve, season the couscous with salt and pepper and fluff with a fork. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson