Sweet Potato Fritters
- Corn oil, for frying
- 1 cup mashed, roasted and peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup whole milk fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Heat about 3 inches of oil in a deep heavy pot, fitted with a deep-frying thermometer, to 365 degrees F.
Working in batches to avoid crowing the pot, drop heaping teaspoons of the batter into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, turning as needed to brown evenly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners' sugar and a pinch of salt. Arrange them on a serving dish and enjoy!
Cook's Note: Be sure to let the oil return to 365 degrees F between batches.
Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, 2010