- 3 1/2 cups good chicken stock
- 1 cup wild rice, thoroughly rinsed
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup roughly chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup toasted and roughly chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a large saucepan, add the stock, wild rice and salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and is beginning to split, about 30 to 40 minutes. Drain of any excess liquid and fold in the cherries, nuts and parsley. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Transfer the rice to a serving bowl and serve.