Cold Curry-Peanut Noodles
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- Red pepper flakes or chili paste, for serving (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook as the label directs. Reserve about 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain in a colander and rinse under cold water. Shake off the excess water.
Meanwhile, puree the peanut butter, curry paste, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, 1/2 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor or blender until smooth. Toss the spaghetti with the peanut sauce, scallions, cucumber and carrot in a large bowl until coated. Season with salt and stir in some of the reserved cooking water to loosen the sauce, if necessary. Transfer to bowls and top with more cilantro and pepper flakes, if desired. Serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: Calories 574; Fat 23 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 576 mg; Carbohydrate 79 g; Fiber 16 g; Protein 24 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.