- 2 cups corn scraped from cob, milk removed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion or 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 saltine crackers, crumbled
- Herb or herb mix, to taste, recipe follows
- Hancock Shaker Village Herb Mix:
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried summer savory
- 1/2 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 tablespoon dried sage
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish and bake for 1 hour.Hancock Shaker Village Herb Mix:
Mix the herbs together and store in an air-tight jar.
Yield: about 1/2 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.