Creamy Fruit Salad
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dark or spiced rum
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 quart container pineapple chunks
- 1 quart container honeydew melon chunks
- 1 quart container watermelon chunks
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Spread the coconut in a single layer on a baking pan. Toast coconut in oven until pale golden brown, watching carefully to avoid burning, about 8 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, rum, and mint. In another large bowl, combine the fruit. Pour the yogurt mixture over the fruit and toss to combine. Allow to sit for 10 minutes so the fruit can absorb the flavors. Sprinkle the toasted coconut on top and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Yolanda Hoffmann