Antipasto di Casa
This dish will make anyone swoon! Arrange a few modest delicacies in the right way on a plate and you end up with a creation that's more[ mouthwatering than any of its parts alone. You don't necessarily have to stick to what I've chosen for my platter here, but if you decide to come up with your own collection of goodies, just make sure everything you choose will taste and look great together (pepperoni slices and Kraft singles probably aren't going to win you too many points). If you make all of my suggested recipes as written, you'll have a very ample platter for two. But if you decide to substitute, be sure to make enough of everything so your platter looks nice and full. When you're ready to arrange the platter, place the greens in the middle of the plate and arrange the other foods in small, neat piles around the center.]
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 15 min
- about 4 servings
- 8 to 10 fresh mozzarella bocconcini, drained
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh basil or rosemary, optional
- 1/4 pound, hard cheese (recommended: Manchego, Emmenthaler or aged Provolone)
- 6 to 8 slices prosciutto or black forest ham
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1/4 pound mixed olives
- 1 bunch arugula, stemmed, torn into pieces
- Balsamic vinegar, for dressing arugula
Toss mozzarella with olive oil, salt, pepper and basil or rosemary, if using. Place in a mound on a platter.
Cut the hard cheese into thin, bite-size triangles, add to platter.
Arrange prosciutto next to cheese.
Cut pepper into strips, add to platter.
Add olives to platter.
Dress arugula with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Arrange in the center of the platter and serve.