Fresh Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream
- For filling:
- 5 large Golden Delicious apples (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For crumble:
- About 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Vanilla ice cream, as an accompaniment
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In another large bowl make a coarse crumb mixture out of crumble ingredients using fingers. Top apples with mixture and bake about 45 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe courtesy Dave Lieberman
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen