Fresh Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream
- For filling:
- 5 large Golden Delicious apples (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For crumble:
- About 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Vanilla ice cream, as an accompaniment
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In another large bowl make a coarse crumb mixture out of crumble ingredients using fingers. Top apples with mixture and bake about 45 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.