- 2 medium carrots, peeled, ends trimmed and sliced
- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head Iceberg lettuce, quartered and cored
- Freshly chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1 large red Thai chile, seeded, deveined and thinly sliced, for garnish
Combine the carrots, ginger, shallots, soy sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, and vegetable oil in a blender and puree until dressing becomes a slightly thick sauce. Season with the salt.
Break the Iceberg wedges a bit to open them up and pour the dressing over top. Finish with cilantro and chile.