EATS! Heat 5-Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves raw garlic, minced
- 11 fresh habanero peppers, chopped with seeds, reserve 1 raw for garnish
- 11 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped with seeds, reserve 1 raw for garnish
- 9 fresh Scotch bonnet peppers, chopped with seeds, reserve 1 raw for garnish
- 5 fresh ghost chile peppers, chopped with seeds, reserve 1 raw for garnish
- 5 fresh red Thai peppers, minced, reserve 1 raw for garnish
- 1 yellow onion, 1/4-inch diced
- 1 cup Cajun seasoning blend
- 1 cup cayenne pepper
- 1 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups extra-hot wing sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
Add the olive oil, garlic, 10 habaneros and jalapenos, 8 Scotch bonnets, 4 ghost and Thai chile peppers and the yellow onions to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup each of the Cajun spice, cayenne and crushed red pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Pour the mixture into a blender and puree. Place the puree in the refrigerator to cool, about 1 hour.
Once cool, add the remaining 1/2 cup Cajun seasoning, cayenne and crushed red pepper for added flavor. Stir in the wing sauce, vinegar, mayonnaise and lime juice. Add the 1 reserved raw chile pepper of each kind, and stir well.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Chris Rose and Nick Hernandez, EATS! American Grill