- 2 cups spinach leaves, cleaned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Balsamic Dressing, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, cooked in a grill pan and sliced into ribbons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 whole-wheat pita, toasted and cut into quarters
Place spinach in a bowl. Add the Balsamic Dressing and the tomatoes and toss. Top with the egg, canadian bacon and parsley leaves. Serve with the pita pieces.
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and mustard. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
PER SERVING: Calories: 456; Total Fat: 23 grams; Saturated Fat: 4.5 grams; Protein: 20 grams; Total carbohydrates: 46 grams; Sugar: 4 grams; Fiber: 8 grams; Cholesterol: 200 milligrams; Sodium: 921 milligrams