Bloody Mary with Lemon-Rosemary Pickled Green Beans
- 3 ounces lemon vodka
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon drained bottled horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Lemon-Rosemary Pickled Green Beans, recipe follows
- Lemon-Rosemary Pickled Green Beans:
- 2 pounds green beans
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 (3-inch) strips lemon peel
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Combine all the ingredients except the green beans in a small pitcher and stir well to combine.
Fill 2 tall glasses with cracked ice. Pour the tomato mixture into the glasses and garnish each with 2 green beans. Serve immediately.Lemon-Rosemary Pickled Green Beans:
Sterilize 4 pint-sized jars and their lids according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Evenly trim the ends of the green beans to fit the jars. Divide and pack the green beans, rosemary, garlic, and lemon peels among the jars.
Bring a large pot or canner of water to a boil.
In a medium pot, combine the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugar and salt. Ladle the hot mixture into the jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe the rims with a clean cloth, affix the lids and seals, and seal tightly. Process the jars in the hot water bath for 15 minutes. Carefully remove with tongs and set aside to cool. Let sit in a cool, dark place for at least 3 weeks before opening.
Yield: 4 pints
Thank you! your flag was submitted.