- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onions
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mung bean sprouts, well rinsed and patted dry
- 1 (5-ounce) can water chestnuts, well drained and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese hot chili paste
- Cooked egg noodles or white rice, accompaniment
- Green onions, finely sliced, garnish
In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the oyster sauce, the soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of the wine, sugar, pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon of the cornstarch, whisking to dissolve the cornstarch. Add the pork and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
In another bowl, make the sauce by combining the remaining tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon wine, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, and the chicken broth, whisking to dissolve the cornstarch. Set aside.
Place a large wok over high heat until hot. Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides and bottom. Add the garlic and cook for 10 seconds. Add the pork and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the onions and peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the celery and the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the bean sprouts and water chestnuts, stir to mix well and cook until crisp-tender. Make a well in the center and add the sauce and chili paste. Cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens and the pork is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and serve over noodles or white rice. Garnish with green onions and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smothered Pork Chops with Apples, Onions and Cabbage, Mushroom-Stuffed Pork Chops with Vermouth Sauce, Pork Chops in Creamy Champagne Sauce with Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Stir-Frying, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes, Sesame Chicken Recipes, Asian, Easy Stir-Frying, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes