Cinnamon-Citrus Glazed Ham
- 1 (9-pound) fully cooked ham, bone-in, scored 1/4-inch deep in a diamond pattern
- 10 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks cut in 1/2 lengthwise into 20 pieces
- 4 navel oranges, sliced crosswise into 1/3-inch slices (20 slices)
- 5 lemons, sliced crosswise into 1/3-inch slices (20 slices)
- 10 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- One 13-ounce jar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Place the ham, cut side down, in a large roasting pan. Insert the cinnamon sticks partially into the scored ham at even intervals. Skewer 1 orange slice and 1 lemon slice onto each cinnamon stick and push the slices down so that they fit snugly against the ham. Tuck the bay leaves around the orange slices. Sprinkle the ham with the black pepper. Bake the ham, uncovered, until it reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 2 hours. Baste the ham with the glaze during the last hour of cooking.
Make the glaze when the ham first goes into the oven: Combine the marmalade, brown sugar, orange juice, water, hot sauce, ginger, and cloves in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until mixture reduces to a glaze consistency and coats the back of a spoon.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.